Thursday, January 31, 2008

What the?!?

Well...

I've spent the last few years of my life peeling away at the onion that i thought was me in search of a deeper sense of who and what i am. i came to india a month ago feeling a completion in this cycle... the searching was complete. It had been for the past few months. So Paris, and now India, have been a freakin' sidewipe to my feelings of contentment and 'closure'.

Sure, the searching feels complete...but the finding is only the first step in this new cycle, a cycle of action. Paris kicked this realization out of neutral and into 1st gear and now india challenges me to shift gears again. Oh...and the onion, which really has nothing to do with what i was previously searching for, is still here to be peeled...and sometimes it's stinky.

I've spent the past couple of weeks in Rishikesh catching my breath from the first two weeks in India - India is intense. It's a paradoxical splatter across the face of my expectations. I've had some time to sit with things and contemplate and there is a lot coming up! Only thing is that it feels like a Rubiks Cube spinning and twisting in space, combination after combination tumbling into place and then dissolving. A lot of the chunks make sense yet there is a feeling that it all ties together intricately and i can't see it yet... so i pause... and with patience i acknowledge that i still cannot appropriately describe what is up for me. It is coming - i know that much.

Until then,
enjoy the love that is all of this

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to play with and contemplate the depth behind this Rubik's cube ... but the question is, can you release to this puzzle being solved / tinkered with??

dorkboy comics said...

Hey Trevor! I'm back from Japan and you're in India? ah well...we will meet again! The India trip sounds awesome. talk to you soon.
-damian dementos